Air Duct Repair Services
Residential & Commercial
Contrary to popular belief, air ducts need repairs, whether annually or once every 3 years. Things like leaks and other stress factors do happen and over time can compromise the integrity of the whole air duct system.
When you turn on your air conditioning system, all of the cool air that’s circulated in your home, has to travel through a series of ducts.
Having old or damaged ducts can end up costing you a lot of money in energy bills due to lower heat and AC performance.
We inspect and repair air ducts for homes, offices and large commercial buildings all over Hampton Roads which includes Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton, Newport News, Yorktown and as far as Williamsburg VA!
Request Your Free Estimate!
Why Ducts Get Damaged
When damages happen and air is escaping from your ducts, your system has to work a lot harder to heat or cool your home. Also, when the damaged duct work happens to be underneath your home, you are carrying air from your crawl space into your living space. It is important for cost savings and the health of your home to have properly functioning air ducts.
Here are a few common things that can cause your ducts to be damaged:
- Poor installation – this is the most common cause of duct repair is bad installation. If your ducts weren’t properly secured they can rub or chafe against a ceiling joist or brace which can wear holes into the ducts.
- Insects and rodents – Mice, rats, ants, cockroaches and other pests can be incredibly damaging to your home’s ductwork. Rodents can disconnect ducts or chew holes through them and create an unhealthy breathing environment, circulating contaminated air through your home.
How to Tell If You Need Duct Repair?
There are a few ways that you can tell if you need duct repair:
- Hot or cold spots – If you notice that only certain parts of your house are getting cool air from your AC it could mean that there are holes and leaks in your ducts and you need them sealed.
- Noises – Do you hear whistling, rattling, rumbling or any noises coming from your ducts? It could mean that you have cracks in your ductwork.
- Inefficient operation – Keep an eye on your air conditioning bills. If you notice a sudden spike in your utility bill and your AC unit is functioning normally, you might have have a problem with your air ducts.
Christopher T. Chesapeake, VA
Barbara C. Virginia Beach, VA