When damages happen and air is escaping from your ducts, your system has to work a lot harder to heat or cool your home. Also, when the damaged duct work happens to be underneath your home, you are carrying air from your crawl space into your living space. It is important for cost savings and the health of your home to have properly functioning air ducts.
Here are a few common things that can cause your ducts to be damaged:
- Poor installation – this is the most common cause of duct repair is bad installation. If your ducts weren’t properly secured they can rub or chafe against a ceiling joist or brace which can wear holes into the ducts.
- Insects and rodents – Mice, rats, ants, cockroaches and other pests can be incredibly damaging to your home’s ductwork. Rodents can disconnect ducts or chew holes through them and create an unhealthy breathing environment, circulating contaminated air through your home.
How to Tell If You Need Duct Repair
There are a few ways that you can tell if you need duct repair:
- Hot or cold spots – If you notice that only certain parts of your house are getting cool air from your AC it could mean that there are holes and leaks in your ducts and you need them sealed.
- Noises – Do you hear whistling, rattling, rumbling or any noises coming from your ducts? It could mean that you have cracks in your ductwork.
- Inefficient operation – Keep an eye on your air conditioning bills. If you notice a sudden spike in your utility bill and your AC unit is functioning normally, you might have have a problem with your air ducts.
Even if it is only a small problem, repairs to your ductwork can vastly improve the efficiency of your entire system and reduce the cost of operating it on a daily basis. Our duct testing services will find the problems you might be having and ensure they don’t persist.
I was so pleased with the results of my air duct cleaning. I don't have to dust my house nearly as often as before, and I breathe much better! I'd definitely recommend Air Duct Care to any of my family or friends.
I have two kids that suffer severe allergies. I called Air Duct Care to clean and sanitize my ductwork. The technicians were so informative and let me know that I could save money by using the $99 whole house sanitizing. Needless to say, my kids no longer suffer allergies at home.
I recently moved into my house, and noticed no matter how much I cleaned, I still had dust everywhere in my house. I called Air Duct Care and they explained that it is because my duct work has probably never been cleaned. After cleaning, I notice no more dust throughout my home. I was very pleased with the quality of work performed and how nice their technicians were. I would definitely recommend Air Duct Care to my family, friends, and neighbors!